Friday, October 1, 2010

Space the Final Frontier

So I am a new member of the Space team. I am quite happy with this choice since I am a hard core Sci-Fi fan.

I think the idea of the red matter from the new Star Trek movie is just awesome. It can be used as a weapon (shooting it into the planet or star close to the enemies) or as a mean of escaping through its black hole. Here is some video that shows how the black hole may look like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCwlj4XJPMo&feature=related

In regards to changing gravity, we just need to tweak the game engine a little bit... in addition to checking on collisions it would recalculate distances between the enemy ships and the location of the gravity pull. This would also quite easily enable us to have the tractor beam.

I started playing with 3D engine and I hope to simulate some gravity pull and have it ready for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment